In our last blog post, we shared some questions you want to ask when you are seeking a tax preparer. We know that this can be a daunting process for you. Here are eight more questions recommended by Forbes.com that you ask your prospective tax preparer and our answers to these questions.
- What records and other documentation will you need from me? When we bring on a new client, a tax intake form will need to be completed so we are clear on your filing status, your income expenses, possible deductions, etc. and requesting the necessary documents based on your answers on the form.
- How do you determine your fees? Our tax fees are based on the complexity of your return and the number of forms required in filing your taxes. Request our 2016 tax fee schedule today.
- What about the extras? There are usually no extra charges on top of what is on our fee schedule unless there are circumstances beyond the normal tax processing workflow. In those cases, we would always discuss with our clients.
- Can I file electronically? Absolutely! We recommend that you do, as it is the fastest way to get your refund.
- Who will sign my return? As your paid tax preparer with a PTIN number, we are required to sign your return as the tax preparer. Of course, you would still have to sign as the taxpayer.
- When will I receive a copy of my return? Upon completion and filing of your tax return, we will provide you with a copy of your tax return.
- How do I find you if I have a question or a problem after tax season is over? We are a year-round business and you can easily reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 570-269-5324.
- What happens if I get audited? CPAs are one of the tax professionals with unlimited representation rights. What that means is that we can represent our clients on any matters including audits, payment/collection issues, and appeals in front of the IRS.
If you have any other questions for us or would like to work with us for your tax or other financial needs, please contact us by clicking here, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 570-269-5324. We are happy to serve you!